International law constitutes the third pillar of our expertise. Worldwide, capital markets and trade routes are increasingly networked. In view of dynamically advancing globalisation, society’s growing mobility and rapid technological change, international law is becoming ever more important. Numerous cross-border transactions of goods and services bring diverse country-specific legal systems into conflict with each other.
We think globally and strategically. The highly specialised legal services we offer are based on both our many years of experience and a national and international cooperation network. Whether in or out of court, we will carefully examine the factual and legal situation, in particular the question of which legal regime is applicable.
Focus areas of our work
Our legal advice and advocacy focuses in particular on the following areas:
- Participations in foreign companies and funds
- Cross-border banking and financial activities, foreign currency loans, cryptocurrencies, sale of claims to foreign investors
- Foreign real estate financing and taxation
- Cross-border tax matters (double taxation agreements, international administrative assistance, purchase of bank data)
- Rules combating corruption, fraud and money laundering in international legal transactions
- Conflict of laws, (civil law, civil procedure law, arbitration proceedings)